On behalf of the Middleton Airport Commission and Common Council, I’d like to welcome you to the City of Middleton’s airport webpage. Middleton Municipal Airport-Morey Field is a modern, general aviation facility providing western Dane County and western Madison with a convenient alternative to the Dane County Regional Airport. Also known by the “C29” airport identifier, the 252-acre facility was purchased by the city in 1998 to maintain the airport as a vital part of the region’s transportation infrastructure, provide a buffer between the Airport Road Business Park and prime farmland, and enhance stormwater management in the vicinity of the North Fork of the Pheasant Branch Creek. The city contracts with Morey Airplane Company to operate the airport
As of 2016, the airport accommodates around 40,000 operations per year, and approximately 70 aircraft are based here. All hangar lots have been developed, but the City is exploring the potential for developing more hangar lots on the northeast end of the airport. Therefore, please let me know (608.821.8370) if you are interested in building a hangar at C29.
Thank you for your interest in Middleton’s own gateway to the skies!
Assistant Planning Director
Staff liaison to the Middleton Airport Commission
The Airport Commission is a seven member advisory body to the Middleton Common Council that typically meets on the second Monday of each month.
City Regulations & Other Documents Pertaining to the Airport
- Airport Layout Plan (2001)
- Airport Manager Agreement (draft currently under review)
- Building Covenants and Restrictions (Revised August 12, 2004)
- Airport Economic Impact Study (Prepared by Bureau of Aeronautics, 2008)
- Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) Agreement with Morey Airplane Company (draft currently under review)
- Hangar Keepers’ Agreement (Adopted December 2, 2003)
- Hangar Land Lease (Current annual rates are $0.20, $0.25, or $0.35 per sq.ft., depending on hangar lot size).
- Height Limitation Zoning Ordinance (This ordinance regulates structure heights within three miles of airport property.)
- Height Limitation Zoning Map
- Minimum Standards (Adopted December 16, 2013)
- Zoning Regulations
- Wisconsin Bureau of Aeronautics
For more detailed information about the airport, please visit the Morey Airport website.
To receive airport email updates, please sign up for Notify Me.