Volunteering is a great way to meet people, stay active, learn something new, network, and help others. The Middleton Senior Center offers a variety of volunteer opportunities:
- Activity Committee - Assist in planning and implementing programs for the Senior Center.
- Bakery Assistant - Assist with distribution of donated baked items.
- Dining Center - Package meals for Meals on Wheels and serve in the dining room.
- Driver Escorts - Volunteers Needed - Volunteers needed to provide rides to Seniors for medical appointments. Schedules for driving are flexible and volunteers designate which days and time they are willing to drive. Mileage is reimbursed for drivers. Many Seniors rely on this form of transportation to get to vital appointments
- Foot Care - Assist nurses who provide foot care.
- Friendly Visitor - Visit homebound seniors.
- Knitting / Sewing Projects - Make items for local charities.
- Meals on 2 Wheels Rider - Deliver meals on bike.
- Meals on Wheels Driver - Deliver meals to homebound seniors in Middleton.
- Mending - Provide simple mending for seniors.
- Newsletter Collating - Prepare newsletter for mailing.
- Receptionist - Answer phones, and greet visitors.
- Snow Shoveling - Shovel snow for seniors.