Open June 9 - August 26 for the 2018 Season
About the Aquatic Center
The Walter R. Bauman Aquatic Center is an outdoor facility, featuring the latest in aquatic amenities. The facility includes zero-depth pool entrance, an eight lane competition pool, as well as a diving well. Other attractions at the center include two 134-foot run waterslides, interactive water play equipment, sand playground, and a concession area. The center has 11,510 square feet of water surface, holds 345,580 gallons of water, and has a patron capacity of 724 people. The Aquatic Center opens the second weekend in June and closes the last weekend in August. Please review the pool brochure for complete information. Open Swim Hours Monday-Friday 1:30-8:00pm Saturday & Sunday 1:00-8:00pm If the pool patron attendance is less than 20 people for 2 hours or more, the Aquatic Center reserves the right to close early. We must clear the pool of all swimmers in the case of lightening and/or thunder. We will reopen if possible. NO refunds will be given for unseen closures including weather or contamination.
|Senior Citizen (55+); Military with ID||$4.00|
|2 & under||Free|
|Senior Citizen (55+); Military with ID
2018 Season Pass
Season Pass Application
Sales begin April 16th at the Recreation Office. Fill out the season pass form and bring it to Recreation Office at 7426 Hubbard Ave, Middleton. Season pass identification cards will be taken and issued at the time fees are paid. We no longer accept emailed photos and photos on flash drives. Everyone MUST have a picture taken. Members of the family MUST reside at the residence. No exceptions.
Season passes allow you to use the facility during open swim at a highly discounted rate. They are not required for swim lessons, and do not offer you early entrance, additional discounts, etc.
||Resident (includes School District)
|Family (up to 6)
See Recreation Programs page for more information.
We offer lap swimming during our open swim hours. Two lanes are dedicated in the deep end for those 18 and older.
Teen Night (ages 10-14)Thursday, Aug 23rd from 5-7pm
Little Splashers Pool Party
Tuesday, Aug 21st from 10:30am - 12:30pm
*Regular admission rates apply for events. Please check the 2018 Aquatic Center brochure for more information.
Aquatic Center Policies
- Parents and guardians must watch their children.
- Always walk, do not run.
- Do not enter the pool if you have a communicable disease or an open cut.
- Persons who are not toilet trained or under the age of 3 must wear swim diapers in the pool. (Available for purchase at the concession stand.)
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Glass and shatterable items are prohibited.
- Do not bring food, drink or gum into the pool or onto the deck.
- Carry ins are not allowed.
- Flotation devices of any kind are not allowed in the pool.
- Protect our water! If you have or have had diarrhea in the past two weeks, please do not use the pool. Shower your child and yourself before entering the pool.
- Abide by all posted safety rules for the slides.
- Children under the 8 of age MUST be accompanied by an adult (16+).
- NO REFUNDS for unseen closures including weather & contamination.
We are often asked why our pool season is set up the way it is (opening the weekend after school, and closing the weekend before Labor Day). In 2013, we conducted a survey of state municipal (public) pools, and the results showed we are in line with what other municipalities offer. Please view the survey results. Below are the main reason for our season design:
- The budget was approved for operation starting the second weekend in June through the last week in August (the weekend before Labor Day). A few years ago it was extended a week in August.
- It is required by the State that we operate with a minimum number of lifeguards. We are sufficiently able to staff the pool during the approved times. We are VERY diligent with our staff trainings, and hold multiple safety trainings prior to the opening of the pool. Since the majority of our staff are students, we need to complete the trainings when they are available. Opening earlier would not allow us to hold these trainings.
Middleton Gators Swim & Dive
Join Middleton Gators Swim and Dive Team!